Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Back to School Week

It's Back to School Week

In the school I went to, they asked a kid to prove the law of gravity. He threw the teacher out the window. - R. Dangerfield

Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years. - Gracie Allen

In the first place God made idiots; that was for practice; then he made school boards.- Mark Twain

I won't say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like: What I'm going to be if I grow up. - Lenny Bruce

My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary section.- Norm Crosby

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality. - Beatrix Potter

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I never did very well in math-I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally. - Calvin Trillin

My education was dismal. I went to a series of schools for mentally disturbed teachers. - Woody Allen

No comments: